Last week we are living rapid temperature chances. Crazy weather! And a risk of an infection is looming. So, there’s nothing better than a hot bowl of soup. I have chosen my favorite soup recipe to share with you, my pumpkin one!
Pumpkin is a vegetable with great nutritional value with anti-inflammatory action and first-class source of protein. Brothers Grimm knew something when they referred to its magical qualities in the classic Cinderella fairy tale. It’s a miraculous superfood and it’s best to integrate it into our diet.
■ PREP TIME : 10’ ■ COOK TIME: 20’
- 1kg pumpkin cropped into large chunks
- 1 large onion
- 2 leeks (the white part only) finely sliced
- 2 carrots finely sliced
- 700 ml vegetable both
- 2 tbsp extra-olive oil
- 2 teaspoon minced, peeled ginger fresh
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Cayenne pepper
- Heat oil in a large saucepan add the vegetables and cook, until softened. Add the pumpkin chunks, stirring until turn golden. In this way our vegetables do not lose their precious ingredients.
- Pour the vegetable both, cover, turn heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the spices and ginger and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the soup from heat. Using an immersion blender, blend mixture until smooth.
- Land the soup into individual bowls, add a swirl of yogurt if you like. Garnish with cumin.
Make your own pumpkin velvet soup and upload your meal to Instagram & facebook story, tag #thefunkyfoodist and #pairedwithvintage, so we can admire your masterpiece!